Win Free Copies of HTML5 Mobile Development Cookbook
We are pleased to announce that we have teamed up with Packt Publishing and are organizing a Giveaway especially for you All you need to do is just comment below the post and win a free copy of HTML5 Mobile development Cookbook. Three lucky winners stand a chance to win an e-copy. Keep reading to find out how you can be one of the Lucky One.
Overview of HTML5 Mobile Development Cookbook
HTML5 Mobile Development Cookbook will enable developers to plan, build and debug mobile websites that work across a range of platforms. It also allows them to integrate these websites with Facebook and Twitter.
Readers will be able to build a rock-solid default mobile HTML template and understand mobile user interaction with geo-location based applications. Packed with recipes which include leveraging HTML5 multimedia features such as Canvas and SVG, this book ensures performance optimization.
What this book covers
- Chapter 1, HTML5 and the Mobile Web, introduces HTML5 and the mobile web, along with some emulators and simulators.
- Chapter 2, Mobile Setup and Optimization, discusses various mobile setups and optimization, such as preventing text resize and optimizing viewport width.
- Chapter 3, Interactive Media with Mobile Events, discusses mobile interactions such as gesture events.
- Chapter 4, Building Fast and Responsive Websites, talks about the various ways to make mobile websites fast and responsive.
- Chapter 5, Mobile Device Access, discusses location-based mobile web and other HTML5 device-specific features.
- Chapter 6, Mobile Rich Media, talks about the HTML5 rich media elements that can be used on mobile browsers.
- Chapter 7, Mobile Debugging, teaches you ways to work around mobile screen-side constraints and debug mobile websites and web apps effectively.
- Chapter 8, Server-Side Tuning, focuses on the server-side tuning for mobile websites.
- Chapter 9, Mobile Performance Testing, teaches you various Tools and techniques that can be used to boost mobile performance.
- Chapter 10, Emerging Mobile Web Features, talks about ECMAScript 5 as well as mobile-specific features that were added to allow more functionalities with mobile and boost the performance.
How to Enter?
All you need to do is: head on over to the book page, look through the product description of this book, drop a line via the comments below (to let us know what interests you the most about this book) and tweet about this giveaway (and post your tweet URL in the comment section too). It’s that simple
The contest will close on 31/03/2012 PT. Winners will be contacted by email and be declared in new related post, so be sure to use your real email address when you comment!
I think about everything in the book will be interesting to me. Haven’t had any good ideas to jump on the mobile site bandwagon, but a few ideas are coming to mind. Here’s the tweet. Contest Tweet
That is a tough question, ‘what interests you the most about this book?’ I guess every aspect of the book interests me. Being a front-end developer, I need to familiarize myself with the most current web trends out there and the way things going, more and more sites are becoming mobile friendly. So this would be a really helpful tool to have under my belt.
The part of mobile debugging is my most interest. It’s really difficult to trace the error on the web page. Also I used the Weinre to debug in my work and I think there are more good ways of debugging I need in this book.
And there is my twitt.
*Everything* interests me about this book!:) Thanks!
I like having a one place reference for specific projects
Every thing in this book interests me because i would like to be a good web developer how knows all things. thanks.
This is one of the most complete book on mobile web app development I red. I am very insterested by the mobile performance tuning and mobile debuging. Nice book that I really need. Tweet
I’m interesting all of parts about this book!! :-) Tweet
interested in HTML5 to explore for mobile development.
it joust would the best to start this kind of developpement. Most instered by “mobile access & mobile setup”.
this is very intresting with the Html5 Thanks!
Am currently developing a few html5 apps and need to start supporting running them on a mobile platform, this book would help out with that.
I also blog about html5 tips and tricks, and am always looking to learn more.
Would love to have a copy of this book to hone up my html5 skillset!
Really interested in the responsive mobile websites section!
Here’s my tweet sharing it:
It will be a fantastic addition to any prog library. great stuff!
It is really an interesting booooooooooooooooooooook i really neeeeeeeed it..>_<
i am student , and my final year project is dealing with development of HTML5 mobile application.. i really like html5 and i want to be more at html5 world..help me please.. i hope to get it…can i get for free right now i really want it need it any other words..
Thanks for your creativity.. it is really amazing to explore such website..^__________^